5 everyday tips to get rid of bad breath
use of bad breath is bacteria build up on the back of your tongue or between your teeth, see simple ways to get rid of it.
Bad breath (also known as halitosis) is embarrassing, its one situation that lowers one’s self esteem. Most of the time, they are caused by some lifestyle habits which could easily be checked or dealt with.
Bad breath could be as a result of strong smelling foods, smoking, dry mouth,gum diseases/ some medical condition but the primary cause of bad breath is the bacteria that build up on the back of your tongue or between your teeth.
Bad breath can be very Embarrassing
Not brushing or flossing daily, smoking or chewing tobacco products also contributes to bad breath with odour causing bacteria and food particles also key contributors.
A dry mouth, some medications and tract infections are also major causes of bad breath.
1. Brushing and flossing twice a day to get rid of food trapped in the mouth
2. Drinking water at intervals
3. Cleaning the tongue i.e after brushing or with a tongue cleaner
4. Eat mint leaves or chew minty gum to stimulate saliva production which helps to reduce halitosis
5. Rinse your mouth after eating and eat fruits rich in Vitamin C
Sometimes they could be a sign of an underlying disease/illness in which case the severity should be checked